After yesterday’s fun with Internet stability we were migrated with ease to our new internet service provider come morning, Aussie Broadband. I’ve been particularly impressed at the ease of the migration process, we didn’t even need to contact our former internet provider, all taken care of. At the moment we are still awaiting our VoIP service to port, thankfully we’re not big users or talkers.
Sadly, come afternoon our internet woes returned, albeit fewer than was experienced yesterday. Strangely though, with each outage we were restored far quicker than we ever were on iiNet, I’m not sure why as it is exactly the same modem.
After finishing work for the day I decided I’d run speed tests using their provided link, the results weren’t good. Upload speed was as expected, however download speed was massively short of what we pay for reflecting why we were experiencing problems. After sending and email to support, their auto response hinted using the iOS app, whereupon I’ve used it to test the line and then apply a profile to hopefully address the issue.
Fingers crossed; whilst the profile will likely reduce our speed it typically stabilises the connection.